Friday, October 12, 2012

But I Love Him



Author: Amanda Grace
Pages:  245
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Published Date: May 8, 2011
Publisher: Flux
Rating: ❤❤❤❤❤

Synopsis:
There might be one point in time when you love someone so much that you are willing to accept anything about them. Likewise, Ann loves Connor dearly that she doesn't care how serious Connor's problem with controlling his temper is.

Characters:
Ann: A senior and a captain on track team. She leaves with her mother before she moves out with her boyfriend on her eighteenth birthday.
Connor: Ann's nineteen-year-old boyfriend. He has issue with anger management.
Abby: Ann's best friend. She tries to help Ann, but later they fall apart
Blake: Captain on  track team. He has a crush on Ann 
Nancy: Connor's mother.
Jack: Connor's father, an ex-con. He also has issue with anger management 
Mark: Ann's coworker

Review:
This book is by far the best book I have read this year, and probably ever. The way the author choosing to tell the story in reverse chronological order makes me even more eager to find out what made the relationship between Ann and Connor boil down to this.

The story starts from the end. The journey takes us back to the development of the relationship between two teenagers, Ann and Connor. When I started reading this I questioned myself why the hell Ann still puts up with the abusive relationship. Connor calls her names and hits her contently. Afterward he apologizes and promises there will be no more, but the opposite is true. However Ann always forgives him. 

Then, the more I read, the more I understand how complicated their relationship is. Maybe somehow Ann hopes that one day the Connor that she once knew will be back. I think she has hope and is willing to take risk so that she could be happy with the one she truly loves.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great! Really detailed. I've been debating whether or not to read this book for awhile now. Definitely going to give it a shot now!

Gisbelle said...

Some people said they didn't like the book. But I loved it. I hope you like it too.

Post a Comment

 
;